Tips for Trimming your Long-haired Guinea Pig!
Like4 Dislike0 Published on2 Feb 2014
Advice on cutting the hair of long-haired piggies, including texels, shelties/silkies, alpacas, peruvians, coronets and lunkayras!
* Take your piggie to a quiet room away from the noises of their cagemates.
* Use sharp, but preferably safety scissors.
* To keep an agitated piggie calm, stroke them often, avoid pulling on the hair - even a tiny pulling sensation that we might not even realise we're doing could make them jump away. Be patient, take it slow and give them a break halfway through if needed!
* Ever so gently lift hair up ready to cut, and around the rear using the scissors alone will help make it more comfortable for your piggie.
* With them on your lap, support them in the crook of your elbow whilst you trim around their bum!
Hope this video helped, please comment, rate and subscribe!
My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SqueakDreams
My Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SqueakDreams?ref=si_shop